Thursday, November 19, 2015

How to Speak Well

There is nothing as estactic as speaking really well, it's a charisma of a sort. Speaking well betters your life but can only marr it by increasing your cost in the public market. It doesn't come with applause alone, its benefits is endless.




I have had so many enemies because of English, they think it's wrong that you speak good English, only the good ones encourage you by saying, "I love the way you speak."

I will want to teach you on steps to take at becoming good with English language. It sounds crazy abi? But then I want to upgrade you and better your English chances. You never know what position one may find him/herself in future and so, come and get laid on my blog buddies. Instead of letting you guys crucify me, I rather will show you the way! Hahahahahaha!.......................................

1. CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

When I was little, I was privileged to be with good elderly ones who forced me to learn spellings and dictation, if you fail heh? Ask my elder bro for the repercussions. That was the first time, the fear of failing to spell correctly and its aftermath made me triumph. Church was cool, often times we had white teachers teach songs and all. That was then, long long ago, when things were neat and even, so don't blame me next time is you don't understand what I say, I only learnt pidgin English for survival, so learning from the foundation is ultimate.

2. HOW DO YOU MINGLE

When I got to secondary school, my seat mate then was Onyi-child, we wanted to be best with the language thing, our teacher forced us to rhyme words that are synonymous with each other like; Hatchet, Matchet, Rocket, Bucket, Hacket, Market, Docket. Imagine pronouncing the words in rhymes, my dear, your accent will be dope. Many a time we had to find new vocabularies that sounds funny eg incommunicado, mesmerizing, chubby etc. Sometimes Onyi, I thank God for knowing you.

3. LISTEN TO GOOD PRESENTERS

I try listening to BBC and that Eye witness News presenter on NTA. Stop following those who make jest of speakers instead of trying, always try new environment, make friends with good speakers and help your English.

4. TRY YOUR AUDIO SENSE

This one am about to write sha, I didn't do it. LMAO. Instead of playing games with my phone, I play voices, I will record my words and listen to it. I have seen Jecin do that in school but I did mine long ago. You may laugh at me, but then am tryna help your life.

5. READ

Buy Phonetic dictionary to help you pronounce well. You can't speak well without reading well.

6. BE CONFIDENT

Lastly never be ashamed, sometimes I think I should change how I speak, but it's really natural, I don't have to convince anyone am for real, I just ignore and have my life back. It's complicated to show them or make them feel you are not fake, direct them here so they can improve.

Find other tips yourself and move on with me buddies.

I love you all.

1 comment:


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...