Friday, January 31, 2020

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usually have any emotional attachment to the Bride's satisfaction, except the ones that hold integrity in high esteem, (few if there is) I have obviously come to a conclusion that any event, especially wedding is a serious business that the expenses majorly cannot be recovered as soon as possible.  I have seen brides complain about the bad way a vendor had treated them but people had laughed about it, some are heart rendering but nothing can be done about it (imagine a vendors giving your wedding gown to someone else and giving you rag instead? For a gown you have paid for with your own money or someone giving you a cooler of meat for a whole cow you bought for your wedding?), so I reasoned that maybe if there is a legal backing to all these things, little or no shits will be the outcome of our events. So I am recommending a legal binding between me and my vendors.

Remember this post is for people who really want a grand wedding and not for people like me who always plan everything themselves to save cost.
Nenye


Below are some of my legal details and what should be in the binding agreements.

1. Makeover

Makeup by me many years ago. Linkup


It is a good thing that makeover artists have rules to backup their contracts as to how customers pay and cater for them. But what happens when the tailor, makeup artist and other stylist fail to deliver and end these things on social media. There should be a penalty for  all these heart breaks when the bridal look is ruined. I mean, to most brides, how they look on this day is actually their prerogative.

2. Food/Refreshments


Have you contracted a trending catering service only to discover that their have ruined the orders and food type because of pride and over confidence? Was the drink served cold and did it really come out as satisfying as the money that was sacrificially expensed? Did it come at the uexpected time? And how did you render these services to my guests?

3. Decoration


Oh! I have seen brides shade tears of joy or pains, according to how the event decor is. Do you know that your guest view of your wedding environment contributes to how they would really treat you at your wedding? Was it the discussed decor and did you pay attention to details? Did anybody stay back at the event to correct the complaints or did they stay back in the hotel room and sleep without considering if someone would call? Remember my guest photos stands too.

4. MC


Please don't insult my guests in the name of cracking jokes, they are my special people and shouldn't be scorned for their looks, age, stature, dress sense, pocket value or whatever. Treat them as VVIP and how much begging of my guests should you not do? Some things are outrageous, so trade with caution. Also remember that it is my wedding and not your show, I didn't pay you to enjoy yourself, have fun and forget us.

5. Music

Where are the theme songs and particular songs for a particular time in the event. Did you shout at my guest or turn deaf ears when it was their dance time and didn't play their requested songs? At least to a reasonable extent. How was your sound and musical communication. Let your dancers no drag sprayed money with the bride. You have been paid for your services already and don't take too much alcohol to make you misbehave.

6. Security

Did you bounce out my enemies/uninvited guests? Did people fight and have a gun show? How safe did my guest feel? Hope people's car and gadgets didn't go missing too.

7. Souvenir

My souvenir should be in a perfect condition, devoid of breakages and unqualified packaging. We hope that you let our guest have a good treat.

8. Train

I don't want you not showing up because of your job, your Church, your tailor or a pressing iron ruining your dress. You will have to be available on the call up time and behave as the bride helper that you are. Be very obedient and move with other girls in your train, we are not here to feel you, it is not your wedding. Remember the hairstyle and whatever your group head had advised. And for the chief, read my next post on your services for the day.

9. Photographer

Please I know you are wonderful and that is why I have hired your services, so keep to the theme. Make sure you don't come alone and give excuses on how your crew couldn't meet up on time. At least there should be three standby photographers and two videographers to capture the moments. Make me happy and send the soft copies on time and remember to give me a good photo book when you are done.

10. Logistics/Accommodation

I don't want a car break down, I don't want a vehicle not to be available at its given time too and I don't want my train in a tricycle, bicycle or Okada and my mother trekking to Church; it will break my heart. Remember a good accommodation will relax my guest and make them dress their best for my wedding.

11. Event Planner 

Please make me happy and contact the best of vendors

NOTE

After the consultation of event planner, there would be a scheduled meeting for the event planner/manager and the agreed vendors with my lawyer. Here they will discuss their jobs and sign a legal agreement and agree to the repercussions of not delivering at least 90% of their services. You don't come to my wedding refusing to do your job because the catering department have not given you food or that you ordered for cake and it wasn't delivered etc. If I were your food provider, I wouldn't be paying for your services.  

How do you see this? Give your Yes or No with reasons in the comment section.

I love you all.

Image Credits: Nenyechi7
                           Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...