Friday, January 8, 2016

Naija Thanksgiving by Nenyechi




Thank you lord for creating me, for creating a being like me. Thank you for not making me an American with a long hair and white skin but you sha know I would prefer to be that. Okay, you chose to have mercy and not fix me in these Arab countries where men are flogged while women are stoned to death for the same offence despite their beauties, you sha know they would have killed me a thousand times cos even my corpse will still commit. Thank you for making me African, you didn't see South African, Na! Aparthied? I wasn't born then and you know it. But you gave me Nigeria, where selfishness and looting persists even in the smallest of units. Why won't I thank you for being a naijarian after my heart has become strong from stress and I can stand any hurdle and pains any strange country will give to me. 

Thank you for 2015, for the achievements, the pains and heart breaks, only then I knew I was too strong to stand, I do rather sit and watch life unfold. Thank you lord for the journey so far, for not making my dad the President of Nigeria, the world may be cursing him by now. But you kept us on lowkey even when I want highkey. Thank you lord for making some babes finer than me while I keep consoling myself that am the fines #winks# for making others taller, while I think average is the best height or why won't I like myself, just like this? It is called, contentment.

Thank you for that car I couldn't afford and for that house I forever dream of living, if not that I desire these things, why will I hustle? Thank you for making me envy and jeer at others, it makes me know I have a good and bad side too.

But lord, there is something we shouldn't bargain, just give me the best of men. I can't take anything in exchange for that. And my kids, uncomparable, my year extraordinary. Thank you for making my mates freely give others ten Million naira when I can't even afford one and I still feel fly. You must open my file this year - because enough is enough. I no wan reason or reflect on not making money this year or having wasteful companions. I don't want giveaways, let me be the one giving dear lord. Thanks for breath and life and viewers; even when I have no post.

Thank you for 2016.

Happy New Year People.

What are you tanking the lord for and what do you want him to do for you, say it on Nenye's blog. When the year is over, give him your thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...