Monday, August 1, 2016

JULIE LEFT SO SOON - A NEW MONTH POEM



32 days ago, 
was siting down in a corner, 
thinking of my former. 
Hearing the sound of thunder, 
yet not sure of neither sign nor wonder.
I thought all hope was gone 
cos my ex left me half-done.
Lo! I looked forth 
in my state of depression
which later turned to impression.
I saw a nicely shaped figure, 
with the face shinning like the sun, 
with her gown flowing like a nun.
She was an embodiment of beauty.
I thought of calling her miss world.
Nay..nay.. She was finer than that.
What about calling her goddess of beauty?
Definitely, that was what she was, 
cos such beauty av never seen,
greater than the fishes in the sea.
Before I could say hi, 
she already gave me a smile,
the distance bw us, still a mile.
My goodness! What a damsel!
I asked her for her nomenclature.
She muttered as the finest creature,
' I am Julie'.
Wow! The accent was jolly.
Julie was not just fine but sweet.
She showed me love unflinching,
mended my broken heart 
and I gave my whole heart.
With her, I felt the gentle breeze 
like a sole core breed.
She helped me see higher grounds 
that changed for good, my background.
What an amazing girl!
I think I was stuck with this girl.
I never wanted to let go 
till I score the highest goal.
We were deeply in love,
tangling like two doves.
Just yesterday, she left 
and I felt it to ba a theft.
Oh lord! Why me?
She told me to forge on,
and in that way, life goes on.
Oh no! I held her tightly, 
but she slipped away lightly, 
saying; ' am happy am leaving and not u'
All sounded like a mystery to me.
I fell down crying convulsely.
While still on the ground,
I was jerked to stand on my ground, 
by the sight of a holy stranger 
standing b4 me like a danger.
Are my eyes deceiving me?
This creature is finer than Julie
Seems am falling in love again!
She told me not to cry 
and am sure it wasn't a wry.
She assured me, 'I will do everything for u, even what Julie couldn't do for u.
I will make your life more purposeful 
ans meaningful'.
Wow! All these promises for me?
This new girl av gat greater plans 
than Julie ever had.
I love her more than ever noiw.
It was just then, she told me,
'My name is AUGUSTINA.
Happy new month friends. July has gone for good, so, embrace Augustina, no I mean August..lol. I wish u all the best. I love u...kisses


Happy New  Month 


No comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...