Thursday, September 1, 2016

Eclipse of my Thoughts - September 2016




I heard that once it is morning that Nenye and other Nigerans should close their eyes from 6am to whenever I couldn't remember it to end. I stayed awake last night wondering why my birth month should come with doom. I really could not understand anything you know.



You know September is really a great month; it is the ninth month of the year which signifies fertility in my own dictionary: the birth of celebration and greatness usually starts now (no wonder it started the Ember thing).

So when I woke up at 5:00am, every where seemed dark and compromising and later at 7:00am I watch the clouds disappoint the eclipse and I laughed in Joy but suddenly realized that there is an eclipse in Naija. Other there was Eclipse in Kano and I wonder if Kano is still a part of Nigeria. Other eclipses were Eclipse of the rain in the remaining 35 States of Nigeria. 

 Oya follow me see the eclipse o!


EXCHANGE RATE

The first Eclipse that struck September is the Eclipse of dollar 418 naira per dollar?  What?  Going to the market and not getting reasonable sales from your budget is heart breaking. Today seems like a public holiday, even the roads were bare until evening. 

SEPTEMBER ULTIMATUM INCREASEMENTS

Every key product ranging from Cement, bag of rice, beverages and Indomitable had a September increase. What a month. 

CLOSING OF BUSINESSES


The yoghurt store where we buy Nunu has been closed, I couldn't state my disappointment as I watched staffs seated by the corridors staring at me in confusion. Should I talk about Aero shutting down or that Danone did not sell Cement as at this morning. Income distributors shut down office to wait for the September ultimatum. I kind of imagine if my Stylish September may not change to hustle. God forbid. 


LOSS

Imagine the loss of one day admit violence and hunger. 



NO MARRIAGE AGAIN

You know we had enough weddings ability? You sure say money go dey for lovers to end?  Then for that woman who had married for riches, your name fit manage.


IS THIS THE BIRTH OF DOOM

There was a prophesy that Nigeria will divide. Every region wants an autonomous state to enjoy just each other but then let it not start in my September. Huge and pain should not cease our Ember celebrations. I kind of wonder how this journey may be.




FOOD FOR THOUGHTS

Unlike other Ember months, this month feels like a burden to us. I wish everything turns out fine.

It has been long since I've done this my write ups them so I thought you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...