Sunday, January 26, 2014

PING ME




 Remember the days it took days to reach those fellows
And how the days were reduced to hours
Suddenly, an hour became too long...until
You can get them from the distance on the instance
Technology shrunk space and castrated time

But it has also shrunk something of great value
Its genius recreates human features-voices and pictures
It gathers men and flung them like embers from the bellow
Now we talk often but seldom see
Maybe there is no need to see when gadgets can do it all

It has reduced kin's ties to wires and palm affairs
Now it has frozen and muted our voices
Reduced cherished contacts to symbols and smileys
We've stop visiting, soon to stop talking
We will be unseen, deaf and dumb to one another

Smileys and symbols are the sound of our thumb-turned-tongue
Ask why we do not value ourselves again
Human mental alienation at snail's pace
Has turned to physical incarceration
It brings us together from far and wide
But widens the gulf and kills the essence of togetherness

From visit me...to link me...to ring me...NOW! Ping me!
What next will you do to me? Fing me?!
Or ting me? Oh...do not sink me...
But, what will halt humanity from sinking further
The joyous abyss of crass earthly senselessness

OJERINDE, Olatunde A.



 I will love to say the poem is self explanatory and our writer Olatunde is of a sad note on how technology has alienated man from each other, we are close only with technology which may ruin us soon. I love this piece.
What about you? fix your opinion y commenting on this post.

 In case you think you have what people will love to read, send it here . If it's good enough you will find it here.

 Happy Monday and bye to too much relaxation, it's work time. I love you all.

11 comments:

  1. A poet with his thought and message...nice one! Great piece...#Emir#

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job done dearest Nenye... This is just the beginning, and the best place to start is the beginning. As for the piece....it comes at ease, so I left it for all to get at ease. No complexities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reality of our contemporary world. Hope we can save ourselves from further degeneration. Good one Bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing poem frm the new generation poet..its quite funny dat I kinda inspired dis piece,ur so ryt..what I alwayz love abt ur work Tunde is ur way with words,ur a wordsmith..all d way friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ATIBA....I hail thee boss, take ma bow;
    @IJeoma....maEve of Eden then; someday soonest....u understand this more cause "it's smth of U"...u triggered d flow.
    @muse....it's just d beginning of d glow;
    @Bello, the best to place to start is d beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rightly said....... No doubt technology has really shrunk a lot of tins but dat can't be compared to wat we are gaining from it. Am able to read ur view point cos of technology......... Don't worry d next one will be 'Ki** Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will not Ping u! Let's go back to those days gradually. So, Ring me! Let's start from there

    ReplyDelete


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...