Saturday, September 19, 2015

Help! It's Four Days to my Birthday. What age should I choose?



When I saw her, I had no imagination or inkling that she could fit as my baby sis. I had admired the old sophisticated lady in her milky gold attire, walking subtly as if avoiding the stains from the escalator in the Cinema, and I have managed to produce the compliments that always slipped from my mouth, "you look great dear," I had managed to say producing a smile and she had smiled back almost as if she had forgotten something. "Thanks dear, today is my 18th birthday and am suppose to look great." So she says matter of factly.

See me see gbege, did I hear eighteen or eighty years? It's just too poor to be eighteen and old. I comot cap for naija babes, we ain't white joor, we are lucky to have an enduring gene if we live healthy. Why change your age and make the younger generation feel unaccomplished, imagine a poor lass trying to meet up in the name of balancing with her mates. All these people in the media world and so called role models be lying for Africa. As small as Lupita looks, she is thirty two, why will that old Nollywood or is there a possibility that footballers and media people should flock together.
Aunt be twenty three forever.






So it's four days to my 16th birthday, and still I can't be older than my Aunts. Please help me as am bothered already? What age should I celebrate? Imagine my Aunts are eighteen, can't I be ten or twelve at most.
Honesty, I want to tell you what our Anty dem cause when they lie about their age.



1. MATERIALISM : Okay think of it, to think that your mate or younger one own a house in a self made outcome, doesn't it make you want to hustle by fire by thunder? Dear Anty, it makes us lead to make it by hook or crook, that why University kids want cars, houses and all.

*IT MAKES US OLDER : We become older than you are because we keep thinking and aging when we see our end results are not as fast coming as yours, the stress of failing out of track gives us stress, and bad health conditions, thereby making us older than we are.

*IT CONFUSES THE WORLD : The world become confused because as you lie, so we will lie and generations to come will lie about age and upcoming ones won't have a direction because we are all tryna make it at a tender age, and we all become age mates.

NOTE
It doesn't mean people don't make it in life at an early stage, but mehn! we are talking about false age in naija. Old generations don't want to hustle and make way for thee younger generation. CEO, Msc, Phd, and mother of 3 and yet, we are eighteen.

I dedicate this post to young people like me possibly twelve or fourteen years of age, do not let our Aunties distract you, life na jeje, but above all, what age should I choose? Considering the fact that am just a University graduate; no Msc, CEO and blah! Blah! Blah!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday in advance Nenyechi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True talk, hope our aunts will stop dis lies nd jst b proud of dia age. Hbd babe u re 2much. NYC 1. Nelo

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC 1, hope our aunts will stop dis whole age tin nd b proud of dia age. Hbd babe's. Nelo

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYC 1 dear. Hope our aunts will chang nd accept dia age. Hbd in adv. Nelo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nlo, but Bday is on the 24th. I still appreciate

    ReplyDelete


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...