Monday, June 27, 2016

When it comes to betrayals Igbos leads, not Yorubas ( a must read)




Stop it: For the Igbos that are fond of calling Yorubas betrayals, STOP IT. You are very very wrong. The worst betrayals are Igbos. Like it or not. Many a Igbo, for a few bills can abandon what will benefit all and do what benefits self. If you go by the history of this nation, Yorubas always do what benefits their region and not self, while Igbos do what benefits self, at the expense of our own south east region and others. Get this fact straight for your own good.

Ultimate betrayal: Which betrayal is worse than as soon as an Igbo gets into power, they will become LORD OF THE MANOR. You make an Igbo man Chairman of his very own local Government, he forgets his own town and start primitively acquiring just for SELF. If he goes on to a become even more powerful, he concentrates in just grabbing money for himself and family only, while making sure others groan in poverty. There is no betrayal worse than this.

Oka mma n'ezi: You build industries all over the country, you build gorgeous house all over the country, leaving your own land to groan in pain, you dare call others betrayals? You go to a decapitated part of Lagos, Abuja, Kano etc and turn it into beauty, creating employment for them while annihilating your land via criminal neglect; and then you still look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you are not a betrayal? Igbo man betrays his land over and over and over again. That is the worst betrayal on earth, nothing is worse than that. 

Deal: Let's make a deal, why not build 60& of your industries and businesses, and structures in Igboland, then you give other lands about 40%? This is a very fair deal and it is necessary for the survival of Igbo. Put legacy before profit, for you will be creating a lasting legacy of wealth and good life that generations unborn will benefit from. Please, pity your land, & pity your people. I promise to put over 99% of my all in my sweetest land, of Igboland. 

Sweetest Igboland: 18 years ago, when I was younger and rascally, even I still sabi better then, to carry all the mula I made in the white man's land and balance a multi million-dollar 9 building structure in my town of Afikpo and my sweetest Igboland. 18 years ago! No be beans. If I do not beautify my land, who will do it for me, spirits? NO. The duty falls on me; Ude.

Igbo woman: The Igbo women, who were opportune to be in extremely powerful positions in this nation are no better. I am talking women who were touching billions of dollars always and these women who should be mothers of our land, were also busy acquiring for themselves, while we do not even have any where our people can clear their goods in Igboland, to stem the shameful migration of our brilliant minds, and youths to other lands in search of greener pasture. These women are praised for being world class brains, for being part of economic teams in Nigeria, etc. I say FA FA FA FOWL. I no send that rubbish. I cringe when some Igbos praise and adore them. For what I say, for what? What did you do for your land while you were there; seeing we are endangered, ? What did you even do for your town, did you turn the own of your birth into a small NYC? I ask because if you could not let your town speak for your brilliancy, open-eye, and knowhow then sorry you are not ready for prime time and truly cannot even do anything for Igboland as charity starts at home. Or should we go into the female oil baron that was in power forever, what did she do for her region, she concentrated on self and family only. Or should we talk about the Igbo political female heavyweights who should know better than to behave just like their male counterparts, thinking only of self. In your mind, iwari enya (you open-eye). Not possible unless you bring the spoils of it home.

Onitsha seaport: What will it take these powerful women and their male counterparts that were/are in power to put their heads together and see how Onitsha ports can come to fruition? What would it take Igbo power houses in Government, in various sectors, Top Igbo businessmen, 5 Igbo governors, national and international financiers to fund the Onitsha Seaport? Today we are grumbling about how Buhari hates us, so damn what? Are you expecting anyone to love you? You will wait eternity for that, love yourselves and your land. Make yourself and your land relevant and the rest will fall into place. It is maddening to see that we are going backwards daily with our penchant for endless and worthless cries of marginalization when it is apparent we're on our own, that no one will show us pity. We need a strategy that would evoke the resilience, brilliance and sacrifice within us. We must put our internal human and material resource to use and stop crying up and down like a bunch of little girls. Afikpo adage; ihie a maghi nke ej'emie, nkeje mie dim (every problem has a solution).

Self-serving: The Igbo lack the bonafides to call any ethnic group betrays when we are betraying our land, and ourselves daily. The typical Igbo person is too damn individualistic and selfish, all about self self self. And when he gets into power, all hell breaks loose, he will intimidate, devalue, mentally torture others, set standard for others than he cannot meet, concentrates all goodies on himself and his family; while those he is leading gnash their teeth in lack and in pain. So damn pompous, power-mad, power-drug, gets sick satisfaction at the size of his/her bank account at the expense of others, builds and builds and builds for self, buys every land available for no just reason, than he has too much cash and power. And because land might finish if he does not quickly acquire them all. So primitive, so demented, so self-serving, so black race, so sad, as the populace is left in agony of lack.There is no worse betrayal than this. 

Hausa/Fulani: How can an Igbo person call any group a betrayal when our Igbos in power fall on top of each other in a bid to please the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy? So so embarrassing, so so so embarrassing. They will say whatever will please the Fulani even at the expense of their own lands. All to retain power or get more power. Oh I don't know if the power is made of all the gold in the world that will make me betray Igboland or humanity. They never born that power. I CANNOT ON THIS EARTH please any Hausa/Fulani at the expense of my own land. I cannot, and I will shout this on roof top anywhere on this earth. I do not need that which it will afford me. Better I stay in my bed and drink gari and eat my sweet groundnut than wussy up to any oligarchy for filthy lucre and power. NO NO NO NO NO. I will not be a party to such. 

Compare: Some reading this will say, how about the Hausas, Yorubas, that do this and that? We are better than them, etc. Do not compare your ethnic group, Igbo, with any other. We are in a dire situation. We are the only major group that do not even have other Igbo speaking ethnic groups outside Nigeria; as obtainable for Hausa and Yoruba. We are on our own, we have no one at all, no help, no nothing, we are our own solution. We cannot afford to even compare ourselves with others, we must work hard to help our land and ourselves. we must become less individualistic and self-serving, we must look after ourselves and our land. It is very very necessary; for our survival as a people.

Dear Igbo man and woman, name callings have never ever achieved anything for anyone or any group. It is childish, failure-oriented and crass. The best revenge remains success. And to achieve that, we must think less of SELF, and think more of what will benefit all. That will be the first step in achieving success for ourselves, our land and humanity at large.

My pledge: I will always serve myself last. I will put my land, my people, and others, before my own selfish interest. My mantra will remain, All before self. I will continue to practice what I preach, I will continue to lead and live by example. I will not ask anyone to do what I am not already doing. I will not fail Afikpo, Igboland, and humanity. So help me God.

Yours Sincerely,
Maria Ude Nwachi (Afikpo Chic).
#‎BCEL‬ - Best Chic Ever Liveth.
Member - Ebonyi State House of Assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...