Thursday, February 2, 2017

Naija Babes and the Team Natural Smelly Hair Palava (Nenye Pleads)


"Nenye I had the worst day of my life" Manny, a friend had called to say. "You know this natural hair girls?"  I affirms,  "One sit near me of rebus today." 
Me: wetin come happen? Babes abeg, na only you deem do the bus for? 
Friend: I was in a bus going to my Aunt's place na im one girl decide to spoil my day. I had to ask her, "NE what's going on with your hair?" Nenye you know there is heat and the hair can smell.  She put her face like she is suffering from seizure and told me that her hair is natural. Imagine! I was use the info buy Ankara? 
Me: Calm down. 
Friend: I ask her, is that why your hair is smelling like that? As if something has died I there. So she said she had used avocado, Bama, egg and tomatoes to steam the hair. I just dey pity the guy we dey follow am because that hair dey smell. 

This is one of the many countless natural hair complaints I have heard just in February. 


Hello readers, this year will have more of our public opinion on things above fashion and makeup. 

Guess no one jumps into trends like a naija babe; trending shoes, clothes, weaves, crochet, and just any trending thing that they see.  The natural hair trend wouldn't have even considered as a "trend"  to us if we did not all leave it to retouch our hair.  Now the black race wants to prove that they have always cherished their natural gift from God and ditch all the artificial attachments, it made the whites to embrace braids too and the love for crafted beauty but that's not my point. Kudos anyways to the African patriotic sisters as I still stick to relaxers instead of coming headaches and ending up with Paradox each night. 




The problem right now is that this natural hair trend comes with a lot of ingredients and maintenance expensive products as the creation of style recently are unbelievable. You want to complain of a Peruvian hair? Oya price the natural hair condiments. 



See this style joor. 


The problem is that the Nigerian hair textures are mostly coarser and can't form this styles of an afro carribean/mullahs hairstyles unless you are lucky to have a rubber soft hair but my Nigerian sisters will not hear, they end up mixing Agbo, she butter, Small Stout, Raw eggs, avocado pear, mayonnaise, cucumber, tomatoes and onion just to change hair textures by steaming?  Chai!  

When I visited Nkechi and saw her frying with butter, I had salivate and was waiting patiently for her to serve me, she earnestly was reading the food processes in her precious book singing and screaming with joy. So when she was done and all the ingredients became liquid in a bowl, she had confessed it was merely for her hair, "You know these natural hair ingredients are quite expensive right? So I went for a seminar and they taught us this. Not after my colleague had sold a fake she butter mixture for us. I heard this one works well." I had watched her sweaty self in pain, just all these stress to cook and steam a hair? 

I went home wondering what this natural hair has really done to our sisters,. Apart from its smell, it gives them sleepless nights, takes them to seminars and serious office discussions? This natural hair trends seems like a God these females have sworn to worship in truth and in spirit. Please if you want to join the team natural, just make it nice and neat. Every thing is worth doing well. Relaxer is just #200 if that natural hair is too expensive to maintain. 

Story: Nenyechi  

No comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...