Friday, August 17, 2018

YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE


 Honesty, I have watched movies where armed robbers threaten people with, "your money or your life." delima but it has never occurred to me that it will someday happen to me. There on those movies, I see panics, pains ND all to let go of one's possession and I would sit, wondering how such producers even dared to create such, today my case became worse.




I am staring at the ceiling and watching three brown lines from the rain designs that my leaking roof had produced because after rent, my landlord never picks my calls until another rent is due. And anytime I complain of the leaking roof, it was never his business, I hear quit notice threats. I imagine myself paying another agent fee, lawyer fee, rent and security, ESWAMA and all and I lose my self confidence. I can't threaten my landlord. Watching these three lines on my ceiling, my daily needs begins to show off. I can't find peace in this world, all my problems begins to show up just now that I recently turned broke. I just have to have a headache.

I get to work now and my eyes begins to rotate and my head starts to beat sounds into my ear and my body begins to get hot and I can't concentrate anymore. I begin to shiver. A call and Taxi immediately gets me home. I her phone calls and smell of irritating foods, even my favorite rice now nauseates me.
Then am in the hospital and and again, Nurses and Doctors are prancing up and down and I remember just now that ego, my sister had asked for her monthly pocket money and Ezekiel's pocket money had finished and my rent is almost due, I immediately sprung from the hospital Sofa and screamed, "Doctor, doctor, I am fine, I am fine now. Just give me Ciprotab, Ciproflaxin, let me kill the remaining fever. It is food poisoning, I am fine now. Ada give me my ATM card, no withdrawal, no withdrawal."

My eyes are still turning and my feet can't carry me. Doctor will ask for a card fee, consulting fee, bed fee, drip fee and administration fee. All these fee for me when money and thoughts had brought these fever? God I prefer my money to my life now to solve most of my problems. They may call me n Igbo girl but that is not the case.

This post my sound stupid to you, but most lives have been lost because we prefer our money to our lives, infact, lack of money had caused many sicknesses in the first place. Depression and lack is real in Nigeria, if you see a hardworking individual in this society, try your best to support them. Don't go for their burial with love, make them healthy. Sometimes in life, the criminal called problems, comes armed with wants and we have to choose money.

If you enjoyed this post, please share.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...