Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lamentation of a Youth Corp Member

                        Government Work Sha

 (I choose to call it Government work instead of Civil Service. "Civil service" makes it sound like they r really working (scoffs)

Ok! So, I am a corper, currently serving in a Federal Government Parastatal under the ministry of culture and tourism... I would have loved to explain the nature of my job but to be on a safe side because of my "Ogas' at the top", I will pause this part of my write up...

Before, I started serving, it used to b funny when someone says,"I'm going to work" by 10am (surprised). I used to think the person doesn't have a job and wants to form (the normal naija thing). The most annoying part is when I see the person by 4:30 and he says,"God, I'm tired, work was so hectic", what comes to my mind is, "is this one drunk"? But now, mehn, there is a work like that - Government work!

What is Government work? Government work is a work where a bunch of lazy people go to work late ( or don't go at all), do nothing ( oh sorry! They gossip) and at the end of the month;they get paid and even get promoted over the years. They are even entitiled to annually leave. That in particular got me thinking; leave from wat? Excess gossip? Joblessness? Seriously, leave from what? Even Bankers that work themselves out do not get the kind of leave these people get. (Nawa o)

Well, I am currently a Government worker (as a corper sha). I go to work(by 10 or 11), sit till 4, then go out or go home, tomorrow the same routine and now, it's boring. The funny thing is "It's addictive". Now, I'm getting Fat because of Laziness. Thank God for NYSC Cds, I get to dance every friday( sometimes wednesday) to burn all the fat acquired during the week. Government should really do something about "It's work o" because no matter how I think about it, it's giving them a bad name.

But who are we deceiving? To get a job there, u have to know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody... And so the chain keeps going until the final stop (something the ibos call, "Ima mmadu") which means, those lazy people in civil service were put there by Ogas @ the top, who are either related to them, have sexual relationship with them or collect bribe from them. Whichever way, it simply goes to show that no matter how hard we try or how much we complain, power lies in the hands of our Ogas @ the top and they will use when, where and how they want.

But "Ogas", make una look God do o. Una know say overdo no go! God dey sha.

Agabata,Eberechukwu Alex

5 comments:

  1. I hate civil service! I would rather be a trader at the main market than work in state parastatals

    Salou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same experience, lol @ ima mamdu
    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fact... There's a need for restructuring of the federal civil service but the question is who will? God help us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this writeup lmao Chinenye you no go kill person

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Oga @d Top forget say GOD pass dem... He's our own 'Oga@d Top'!

    ReplyDelete


Disclaimer,

Please note that all comments on this blog are opinions of blog readers and not from Nenyechi.

WHY YOU NEED A LEGAL AGREEMENT WITH YOUR VENDORS ON YOUR BIG DAY

Just because I am a Makeup Artist and I have been to many weddings and see how vendors are particular about their money and don't usuall...